Skip to content
Walpole Recreation Department
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
SWIM LESSONS - PUBLIC
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
Public Swim Lessons are held at the Center Pool. During the First Monday the Lifeguards will test each participants skill level and place them in the appropriate group.
Please note - parents are
allowed inside fenced-in area during swim lessons, but may watch from behind the surrounding fence.
- Monday through Friday
- Monday through Thursday (Friday rain make-up date)
, participants must demonstrate the following skills:
• Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously, while breathing to the front or side.
• Swim the breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
• Tread water for 1 minute using arms and legs.
• Show a level of comfort on the back by floating on the back for 30 seconds or swimming on the back for 25 yards using the elementary backstroke or back crawl.
• Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet under water.
Registration closes on the Thursday
to the the first day of the lesson. Deadlines can be seen below.
- Thursday, July 4
- Thursday, July 18
- Thursday, August 1
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities
Share This Page: