This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Due to space constraints, Little Rec'ers is at capacity, and registration is closed for the remainder of the summer. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Little Rec'ers is the summer Day Program that will begin your child's journey through all of the Walpole Recreation Summer Adventures for years to come! Based at Blackburn Hall, Little Rec'ers offer a wide variety of crafts, group games, ooey-gooey science experiments, cooking projects, mini-field trips (all within walking distance of Blackburn Hall) and excursions to the Splash Pad to cool off on those toasty summer days.
Little Rec'ers is managed by qualified staff with an on-site, Program Director, and supporting counselors. The counselor to participant ratio is no more than 5:1
All member of Little Rec'ers staff are qualified and trained to provide quality care for our summer programs. All staff have completed screening processes that meet the requirements of employment with the Town of Walpole. Each employee is also CPR and First aid-certified.
- Full Day (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.):
$195 / $205 NR per week (or $59 per day)
- Half-Day (8:30 a.m. - 12:30p.m. or 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.):
$95 / $105 NR per week (or $27 per day)
- Extended Day (4:30p.m. - 6:00 p.m.):
$75 per week (or $24 per day)
- Families who register two children at Little Rec'ers for the same full week will receive a 10% sibling discount.
- You must be at least 2 1/2 years old and potty-trained to attend. No exceptions will be made.
- FIELD TRIPS
- SCIENCE EXPREMENTS
- Along with our daily activites of Swimming, Crafts, sports & games and much much more.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Little Rec'ers begins at 8:30 a.m.
In the interest of safety for all participants, parents/guardians are asked to escort their child(ren) to and from the designated area to sign children IN/OUT of Little Rec'ers in the morning and afternoon.
Children must bring a note with them to Little Rec'ers if they have permission to be picked up by someone other than parent/ guardians. Little Rec'ers ends each day at 4:30 p.m. Please ensure that your child(ren) is picked up promptly at the end of the program.
LUNCH & SNACK
It is also important to pack enough for your child to drink. It is a good idea for your child to bring a reusable water bottle with them to stay hydrated throughout the day. Due to the high number of allergies, please remind your child at home, as we will at Little Rec-er's, that there is no sharing of snacks or lunches.
Label everything you can with your child’s full name on it. There will be many of kids with similar items so it’s important to be able to distinguish one item from the next.
WHAT TO BRING
- Everything in a backback Labeled
- Bathing Suit (Come to Little Rec'er's dressed in your bathing suit)
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water Bottle
- Extra change of clothes
MEDICAL & HEALTH INFORMATION
Little Rec'ers members must have all Health information in their account at the time of registration.
All EPI-Pens must be labelled with your child’s name on it. EPI-Pens must be current, in their original container, and placed inside of a clearly labeled ziploc bag.
This year, we are offering swimming lessons for children enrolled in the full-day or half-day morning sessions of the Little Rec'ers Program. Lessons run daily in week long increments. Children will be given a swim test on their first day and will then be placed in the appropriate level class. Children enrolled in Swimming Lessons through Little Rec'ers must come in the morning already wearing their bathing suit. At the end of each week long swim session; a certificate of completion will be given to each participant.
You must withdraw from a session and/or an extended day registration 10 business days prior to the start of the program. There is a 20% processing fee for those who withdraw from a Walpole Woods session. The Walpole Recreation Department does not allow sharing or splitting the session with another person or family member’s child. Refunds take 10-14 days to process. You will receive a check issued from Town Hall. In lieu of an 80% check refund, you can elect to have your refund in the form of a Walpole Recreation account credit. Account credits are 100% of the registration fee and can be used towards future Walpole Recreation Department Programs and Activities.
The Recreation Department will at all times encourage participants and staff to reduce exposure to ultraviolet exposure from the sun. Such measures may include, but not be limited to, encouraging the use of wide-brim hats, long-sleeve shirts, long pants, screens with a solar protection of 25 or greater, and lip balm. Encouragements to this effect will be featured in the individual program packets.Application of Sunscreen
• Parents/guardians will be responsible for applying sun protection to their child prior to the start of a day’s program and for providing sunscreen and/or sun protection for their child for that day.
• Counselors will remind participants to apply sun protection at appropriate times during the day.
• Any sun protection provided from home will be delivered in a plastic bag with that child’s name clearly written on the bag. The plastic bag containing the sunscreen or sun protection should be kept in the participant’s backpack or among their personal items.
• Parents/guardians who wish for counselors or Recreation Department staff to assist their child apply sun protection must first submit a written authorization to the Recreation Department. Counselors will not apply protection to a child without written authorization beforehand (see below
). Counselors will only apply sun spray and are prohibited from applying lotion.
Additional Forms and Files: