Welcome to Little Rec'ers!
This program will start your child's journey of all things Summer at Walpole Recreation for years to come! This program, for 2 1/2 to 6 year olds, is based at Blackburn Hall. Each day of Little Rec'ers will be filled with science, exploration, mini-field trips, STEM Activities, trips to our Splash Pad, and more!
Each day, kids are broken down into four groups that consist of 1 Supervisor, 2 Counselors, and 10 tiny participants per group. Groups will rotate between the day's scheduled activities, swim lessons, group games, and lunch/snack.
If you wish for your child to attend a Full Day at Little Rec'ers, please sign them up for half day mornings and half day afternoons. Space is very limited and like last year, we expect each week to fill. Single day options are still available as well, however, we will not be able to accommodate day-of drop ins this year.
Your child must be at least 2 1/2 and potty trained to attend Little Rec'ers. No exceptions will be made.
Parent Packets will be digital through the online platform CampDocs again this year. Once registered for a program, you'll receive a welcome email from CampDocs asking you to complete/update your child's medical profile.
- Half Day Mornings - 8:30am-12:30pm: $116 Residents/$141 Non-Residents
- (Must pack 1 snack, lunch, and a water bottle)
- Half Day Afternoons - 12:30pm-4:30pm: $116 Residents/$141 Non-Residents
- (Must pack 1 snack and a water bottle - please eat lunch before arriving)
- Single Half Day: $34
- Single Full Day: $68
- If you'd like your child to attend Little Rec'ers for full days, please register them for Half Day Mornings & Afternoons.
- The full week, full day registration fee is $232 for Residents. Full day participants will need at least 2 snacks, a lunch, and a water bottle.
- Extended Day - 4:30pm-6:00pm: $75/week
Swimming Lessons are back!
Swimming lessons will be available as a registration add on for children attending half day mornings or full days only. If you are registered for only afternoons, your child will participate in free swim at the splash pad. Lessons run daily in week long increments. Children will be given a swim test on their first day and will then be placed in the appropriate level class. Children enrolled in Swimming Lessons through Little Rec'ers must come in the morning already wearing their bathing suit. At the end of each week long swim session; a certificate of completion will be given to each participant.
The Recreation Department will at all times encourage participants and staff to reduce exposure to ultraviolet exposure from the sun. Such measures may include, but not be limited to, encouraging the use of wide-brim hats, long-sleeve shirts, long pants, screens with a solar protection of 25 or greater, and lip balm. Encouragements to this effect will be featured in the individual program packets.Application of Sunscreen
• Parents/guardians will be responsible for applying sun protection to their child prior to the start of a day’s program and for providing sunscreen and/or sun protection for their child for that day.
• Counselors will remind participants to apply sun protection at appropriate times during the day.
• Any sun protection provided from home will be delivered in a plastic bag with that child’s name clearly written on the bag. The plastic bag containing the sunscreen or sun protection should be kept in the participant’s backpack or among their personal items.
• Parents/guardians who wish for counselors or Recreation Department staff to assist their child apply sun protection must first submit a written authorization to the Recreation Department. Counselors will not apply protection to a child without written authorization beforehand (see below
). Counselors will only apply sun spray and are prohibited from applying lotion.
Lunch & Snack
Half Day Mornings: Please pack 1 snack, a lunch, and a water bottle
Half Day Afternoons: Please pack 1 snack and a water bottle
Full Day: Please pack 2 snacks, a lunch, and a water bottle
Snacks, Lunch, and Drinks are not provided. Please pack a lunch and a snack for your child each day. There is no refrigeration available. Please do not pack items that spoil in the heat unless you send them in an insulated lunch box with an ice pack. A sturdy lunch bag or box is best over a paper bag so lunch contents do not get crushed.
It is also important to pack enough for your child to drink. It is a good idea for your child to bring a reusable water bottle with them to stay hydrated throughout the day. Due to the high number of allergies, please remind your child at home, as we will at Walpole Woods, that there is no sharing of snacks or lunches.
Proper Attire & Footwear
We suggest sending your child in sneakers each day. At Little Rec'ers, there will be many opportunities for running, playing, sports, and organized games that will require comfortable and safe footwear for participation.
In addition to proper footwear, comfortable play clothes are a must each day of camp. it is important that children dress weather appropriate and in clothing that they don’t have to worry about having fun or getting messy in.
Label everything you can with your child’s full name on it. There will be many of kids with similar items so it’s important to be able to distinguish one item from the next.
Medical & Health Information
Walpole Recreation must have all Health Forms on file at the time of registration. For safety reasons, children who do not have completed health forms on the first day of the program will not be able to attend until all necessary materials are provided.
We will be utilizing the online platform CampDocs again this year - once you've registered for the program, you will receive a welcome email to update your child's CampDoc profile.
All EPI-Pens must be labelled with your child’s name on it. EPI-Pens must be current, in their original container, and placed inside of a clearly labeled ziploc bag with your child’s picture on it.
What to Bring
- T-Shirt/Tank Top
- Bathing Suit
- Lunch & Snacks
- Water Bottle
Additional Forms and Files: