Summer Academy Courses Week 3: July 22nd - 25th
- Preschool Days - Preschool Days is a program designed for 3, 4, and 5-year old children. Our indoor and outdoor activities will provide many opportunities to encourage, excite, and satisfy a child's natural tendencies for exploration. Songs, poems, creative movement, arts & crafts, and storytelling will be incorporated into the curriculum through many enjoyable activities. Children must be potty trained by the time class begins.
- Grow into Kinder "Garden" - Want to have fun while learning and making new friends? Then come grow with us in Grow Into Kinder- “Garden”. Through fun summer themes, we’ll learn about bugs, plants and oceans using exciting reading, math, science, and motor activities. We practice math and reading readiness skills that will help you grow into a happy and confident kinder “gardener”.
- Leap into First Grade - Leap into summertime fun as you get ready for first grade! In this 3-week course we will review lots of Kindergarten skills and explore some new Grade One concepts! Be ready for lots of fun activities, stories, arts & crafts, and even some fun with food! Our weekly themes will be Ocean Wonders, Exploring Outer Space, and Animal Safari. Come join the fun and leap in!
- Soar into Second Grade - Want to have fun this summer while getting ready for second grade? Each week, we will focus on a theme. Week 1 is “Beach and Ocean”. Week 2 is “Bugs and Nature”. Week 3 is “Sports and Fitness”. Each week, we will read interesting stories, do fun activities to build ELA and math skills, make creative craft projects, and do exciting science activities. This will be a BLAST!
- Hooray for Third Grade - This fun-filled course incorporates movie themes to review and learn valuable ELA, math, and science skills plus so much more. Children will learn to cooperate with each other while having fun through games and activities linked to their favorite movies. Each day’s theme is based on a different movie such as: “The Incredibles”, “Moana”, “Finding Nemo”, and “Toy Story”. They will conduct science experiments, explore measurement, work with time and money, make a research project, and even work as engineers. These exciting activities will stimulate your child’s imagination and keep their current grade level skills up to date while also giving them a head start for Third Grade!
- Silly Science: Grades 1 - 3
- Begin your week by making your very own silly science experiment book and silly scientist “robe.” Then get ready to dive into some silly science making slime, volcanoes, giant bubble wands, lava lamps, and exploding soda using Mentos.
- American Girl Doll: Grades PK - 3
- Celebrating the American Girl, throughout history, the heroines of the American Girl book series have been brace, creative, responsible, and king. Come join us for a week of fun-filled activities as we celebrate the American Girl. We will immerse ourselves in crafts, cooking, tea parties, read, and different games. Please bring your favorite doll to help join in the festivities!